Black Friday Deals on Streaming Players
Expect to find HD streaming players for around $20 and 4K players for $25-$30. While some of the entry-level players are current, many are previous generations. These players may be a bit slower, but they are mostly similar enough to the new models to go with the better deals.
Some sale prices are such a good deal, that you’ll want to purchase the model with more features. Likely these models will be more future-proof than the entry level models. Many 4K models are only a few dollars more than the HD versions.
Roku deals are available at most retailers as well as the roku.com website. Deals run until 12/3/22.
Roku express HD
- $30 on sale for $18
- The most basic and newest Roku. Small enough to hide behind the TV.
- Comes with a simple remote.
Roku Streaming Stick 4K
- $50 on sale for $25
- Convenient plug-in stick is capable of 4K with HDR including Dolby Vision, HDR10, HDR10+.
- Comes with voice remote with TV and volume control.
- $100 on sale for $70
- 4K HDR including Dolby Vision, HDR10, HDR10+.
- Bluetooth headphone connectivity.
- Dual-band Mimo Wifi and ethernet
- Rechargeable hands-free Voice Remote Pro included.
- $130 on sale for $80
- Soundbar with four virtual surround speakers and built-in Roku streaming player.
- 4K supports HDR10 only
- Dolby Audio
- Comes with voice remote with TV controls
Many of the popular Amazon FireTV sticks are on sale, and it’s also a good idea to check out the Amazon website on Black Friday. While nothing has been announced yet, there have been deals on an Amazon Prime subscriptions in the past.
Amazon FireTV Stick HD (3rd Generation).
- $40 on sale for $20
- Amazon’s basic FireTV Stick
- Alexa voice remote with tv controls
Amazon FireTV Stick 4K
- $50 on sale for $25
- 4K with Dolby Vision, HDR, and HDR10+ and Dolby Atmos audio
- Alexa voice remote
Amazon FireTV Stick 4k Max
- $55 on sale for $35
- Dolby Vision, HDR, HDR10+ and Dolby Atmos audio.
- WiFi 6
- Alexa voice remote
Fire TV Cube (2nd Gen)
- $120 on sale for $60
- (3rd Generation was just released so price may stay reduced.)
- 4K with Dolby Vision HDR 10 and HDR10+
- Comes with a voice remote
Previous generations of Apple TV are deeply discounted, but it’s more likely to reduce current stock levels than a special Black Friday deal and the price drop will continue beyond Black Friday. These prices are available at Best Buy, Amazon, and other retailers, and they are not available on Apple’s website.
Apple TV 4K 64Gb 2nd gen 2021 version
Was $200 now between $115 and $100
Apple TV 4K 32GB 2nd fen 2021
Was $180 now between $105- $99.
Apple TV HD 32 2nd gen.
Was $150, now, $95
While we’ve seen the $10 off deals on Chromecast 4K and Chromecast HD that is $20 for Black Friday, the NVIDIA Shield TV Pro, rarely drops in price.
NVIDIA Shield TV Pro
- $200 on sale for $175
- Android TV upgraded to Android TV version 11.
- Next-generation AI upscaling in real-time.
- 2 USB 3.0 ports for storage expansion or to connect a USB camera, keyboard, or controller.
- Built-in Plex Media Server
- 3 GB RAM, and 16 GB storage
- Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.
- Built-in Google Assistant
- Works with Alexa
Streaming Services Deals
Disney+, Hulu, and Sling will be raising their prices in December so if you’ve been planning on signing up, it’s a good time so you’ll still get your first month at the lower subscription fee. There are deals for the first couple of months of your subscription from Sling, Discovery Plus, SHOWTIME, Amazon Prime Video Channels, HBO Max, Other services are offering deep discounts for annual subscriptions. Most values are only available to new or returning subscribers. You’d have to cancel and use another email to get the deals if you are already a subscriber.
Paramount + has one of the best deals for new and returning subscribers. Though 11/27/2022, annual subscriptions are 50% off. Instead of $50 per year for the Essentials, plan, it’s $25. This includes NFL on CBS live, limited ads, 24/7 live CBS News, and top soccer like Champions League Live. The Premium tier is on sale for $50 instead of $100 per year. This adds top soccer plus more live sports, no ads except live TV and a few shows, your local CBS station live, and the ability to download shows to watch offline. If the discount isn’t applied automatically, use the discount code: ALLYEAR.
Peacock’s Premium Plus subscription is also a sweet deal. It’s 40% off, that is $6 per month for the next year. Peacock Premium is $1 per month. This includes NBC and Bravo shows, and live Hallmark channels just in time for all of the Christmas movies. Do it before thanksgiving and get
the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade live. Use the code: SAVEBIG.
The Plex Lifetime pass is discounted by 25% from $120 to $90. Use the code: FANFRIDAY22. With the Lifetime pass, users can download, share access, and organize your server with Plex Dash, a dedicated video decoder to transcode most video files. Add a tuner and antenna to DVR live TV programs. Use tone mapping HDR for richer colors. Trailers and extras like cast interviews automatically appear with your movie and TV shows automatically. As well as the free features like live TV and ad-supported movies.
If you aren’t bothered by ads, Hulu is offering the ad-supported subscription for $2 per month for a year but will be $8 per month after the year is up. The deal runs from 11/23/2022 to 11/28/2022
We’ve seen these prices before on many of these models. Still, with the lower cost, it’s the right time to pick up a streaming player as a gift or for that second (or third) TV.